Netball Victoria provides a range of services and development programs for umpires of all standards.
At FDNA and within Netball Victoria exists a great support network ready to assist you in realising your goals.
A number of courses are available to provide a pathway for development from beginner through to an AA umpire – Australia ‘s highest umpiring badge.
How to start
- Have current state membership via Netball Victoria
- Complete Theory & Foundation online courses via Netball Australia
- Start umpiring at training with your club
- Progress to umpire pool on Saturdays
- Once you have achieved the checklist speak to the Umpire Supervisor regarding the next step in the pathway.
We expect all our Umpires to conduct themselves in a sporting and professional manner, not just whilst they are training, but also if playing, coaching or even spectating. As an Umpire you are now representing FDNA and have a responsibility to promote a professional and positive image.
- MAKE UMPIRING A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
- ENCOURAGE CONFIDENCE & COMMITMENT
- PRIDE IN APPEARANCE & PERFORMANCE
- PROGRESSION FROM TRAINEE TO BADGED UMPIRE
- WHITE TOPS, SOCKS & WHITE SKIRT/SHORTS ARE COMPULSORY
- APPROPRIATE SPORT SHOES
- CLEAN & TIDY APPEARANCE
- WHISTLE, hand held and metal
- RULE BOOK for reference
- WRIST BAND for centre passes
- DO NOT engage in discussion with spectators
- If you have difficulty with spectators’, coaches or players , speak to your mentor who is there to support you
YOU ARE COMMITTED TO ATTEND AT TIMES YOU HAVE BEEN ROSTERED, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH TIMES PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR COORDINATOR
For the latest copy of Rules of Netball, please click here
Interested in umpiring at FDNA?
Interested in Umpiring at FDNA? Please fill out the form below to email our Umpire’s Co-ordinator.